Friday 13 October 2017

Almond Cookies

I love the flavour of almond in baking, and almond is definitely the star of the show in these delightfully delicious cookies.


The vast majority of cookies I make have chocolate of some description included in some shape or form so I was delighted with these super delicious chocolate-free cookies!


I had a jar of almond butter very generously sent to me by Pic's Peanut Butter, an amazingly delicious New Zealand company. I'd never used almond butter before this, but I love making peanut butter cookies with their peanut butter, and I love eating almond cookies so I thought I'd give cookies a shot, and boy was I happy with the outcome!


These cookies have a lovely soft texture thanks to the almond butter and the almond meal, but they hold their shape really well. The almond flavour is just right too, not too overwhelming and not so little almond you don't know what you're eating!


These cookies can easily be adapted to a gluten free diet but cutting the flour and replacing with more almond meal.

Almond Butter Cookies


Makes about 24

1/2 Cup almond butter
1/2 Cup butter (60 g), softened 
1/2 Cup caster sugar
1 egg
1/2 plain flour
1/2 Cup almond meal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 Cup sliced almonds 

1. Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.

2. Cream the almond butter, butter, and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg.

3. Sift in the flour and baking powder and add the almond meal and mix until the mixture forms a smooth dough.

4. Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls and place on the prepared tray, with each cookie a few cm apart.

5. Gently press a couple of almond slices onto the top of each cookie and bake for approximately 10 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven and cool the cookies on a wire rack.




No comments:

Post a Comment