Wednesday 22 June 2016

Almond Butter Pancakes

I got some almond butter, but I'd never used almond butter before so I didn't really know what to do with it. But I do love pancakes. So I thought I'd try using almond butter as a key ingredient in pancakes. It's delicious. You should try it!



Pancakes are hands down my favorite weekend breakfast. They are fun and reasonably quick to make, filling, and delicious. Since I love pancakes so much, I'm always keen to experiment with different recipes and flavor combinations. Almond butter pancakes is a fantastic combination!! 


As far as nut butters go, almond butter is fantastic! It has a lovely flavor and texture, it's easy to use in cooking, and it has a fairly mild taste compared to peanut butter. 


Since the flavor of almond butter isn't super strong, it means that these pancakes are beautifully subtle. Which is brilliant when thinking about what to top your pancakes with!


We piled on berries, slivered almonds, whipped cream, and maple syrup on our pancakes but you could really go wild with this and use whatever you prefer!


Almond Butter Pancakes


Serves 4

2 Cups flour (plain, or half and half plain and wholemeal)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp sugar
2 eggs
2 Cups buttermilk
1/4 Cup almond butter

To serve:

Mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
Sliced almonds
Whipped cream
Maple syrup

1. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar together in a large bowl.

2. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, and almond butter. Mix gently into the dry ingredients. 

3. Heat a large fry pan over a medium heat. Grease the pan with oil or butter and cook each pancake (about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake) for a couple of minutes on each side.

4. Top with berries, almonds, cream, and maple syrup. 


6 comments:

  1. These look amazing with the berries on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound great!! Im loving the almond butter! A good punch of protein and flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure the almond butter was the perfect addition. My kids would love it. I love the splash of color with the fruit too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great breakfast - looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never would have thought to use almond butter this way. Great way to add in that protein!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks just delicious, I love a great breakfast!!!

    ReplyDelete