Saturday 21 December 2013

Malteser Cheesecake

It seems as though my blog has been taken over by cheesecakes recently. Luckily cheesecakes are great so I don't think it's too much of an issue, but I promise to do something different next! I wasn't going to post this one, made it at the request of my boyfriend, but then he said I should post it as it was delicious.

Malteser Cheesecake


Serves 10

250 g Vanilla bisuits
100 g butter, softened
500 g cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 Cup caster sugar
155 g pack Maltesers, plus extra for topping
1 Cup cream, whipped

1. Make the base by processing the biscuits to a fine crumb in a food processor. Add the butter and process again. Press into the base and up the sides of a 20 cm spingform tin lined with baking paper, or greased.

2.  Add the cream cheese*, sugar, and vanilla to a large bowl and beat with an electric beater until light and creamy.

3. Wipe out the food processor, add the Maltesers and process until broken, enough so that the chunks aren't too large, but it's not just a powder. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.

4.  Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and spread over the base, cover and chill until set. Before serving, cut a few Maltesers and half and sprinkle over the top.

*I wanted to make mine a bit lighter so I used half regular cream cheese and half lite cream cheese. It still tastes exactly the same as if you used all normal cream cheese but the consistency will not be quite as firm.


No comments:

Post a Comment