As you can see, I had a bit of an issue with not making a major mess when cutting into squares. But once I had a taste I realised that it didn't matter whatsoever, tastes exactly like it should!
After Dinner MintsMakes 16
250 g 72% cocoa dark chocolate
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 Tbsp milk
220 g icing sugar
2 tsp peppermint essence
1. Line a small baking tray with baking paper.
2. Melt half the chocolate over a double boiler, pour into the tray and spread it evenly over the surface by tilting the tray to get it all covered. Place in the refrigerator until set (about 15 minutes).
3. Make the peppermint filling by sifting the icing sugar into bowl. Stir in the oil and milk and combine well to form a smooth paste.
4. Add the essence. Mix well.
5. Spread the filling thinly over the hardened chocolate. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, until filling is set.
6. Melt the remaining chocolate. Cool slightly. Pour over the peppermint layer and spread evenly. Refrigerate until set.
7. Cut into small pieces with a knife heated slightly under hot water.
I was impatient and did all the chilling in the freezer.