What makes this pie even more perfect? It's no bake!! This is a really easy dessert, and sure to please the whole family.
Chocolate Mousse Pie
350 g (12 oz) vanilla cookies (shortbread cookies would work well too)
100 g (3.5 oz) butter, melted
200 g (7 oz) dark chocolate (50% cocoa)
70 g (2.5 g) butter
200 mL double cream (thickened cream)
2 Tbsp sugar
2 eggs (separated)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Make the base by processing the cookies to a fine crumb. Add the butter and process until mixed well. Press into the base and up the sides of a greased pie dish and refrigerate.
2. Melt the butter with the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Set aside to cool. Stir in the egg yolks.
3. Whisk the egg whites with the sugar and vanilla until stiff and they can hold their shape (if you can hold the bowl over your head without getting egg through your hair, you're done!).
4. Fold in the double cream and chocolate into the whisked egg whites.
5. Spread over the chilled base and refrigerate until set.