Of course you can't have an Indian curry without a beautiful garlic naan bread, and thankfully these are really easy to make from scratch at home too!
650 g (23 oz) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 Cup plain unsweetened yogurt
2 tsp paprika
1 Onion, diced
2 Tbsp canola oil
50 g (1.7 oz) butter
4 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 small red chili, diced
2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp ground cardamon
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cumin
1 Cup tomato paste
1/2 Cup chicken stock
1/2 Cup cream
1. Marinade the chicken in lemon juice, paprika, and half the yogurt for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. Heat the oil in a large fry pan over a high heat. Brown the chicken and set aside. Return the pan to the heat, reduce to medium and fry the onion, garlic, and chili in the butter for about 3 minutes. Add the garam masala, cardamon, cinnamon, and cumin and cook for 1 or 2 minutes, stirring constantly until fragrant.
3. Return the chicken to the pan, add the tomato paste and chicken stock. Simmer for about 15 minutes, until the sauce is reduced and the chicken cooked through.
4. Add the cream and the rest of the yogurt. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
5. Serve with basmati, naan bread, and poppadoms.