These peanut butter and chocolate chip muffins were amazing. But why wouldn't they be? Peanut butter and chocolate is a match made in heaven.
I love using brown sugar in muffins like these as it gives a nice caramelized flavor that you can't get with normal white sugar.
I make muffins every weekend for my honey to take to work for his breakfast during the week, thinking of new muffin ideas can really stretch my imagination sometimes so if you have an idea that you would like to see a recipe for I will happily make it for you so send your ideas my way!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Muffins
40 g (1.4 oz, 3 Tbsp) butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup skim milk
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180C ( 350F) and grease or line the holes of a muffin tin.
2. Mix the butter, peanut butter, sugars, and eggs together in a bowl. Add the milk.
3. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. Add to the peanut butter mixture and mix until everything is just combined.
4. Spoon into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Cool in the tin for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
5. When cooled, drizzle with melted chocolate (optional) for that little something extra.
6. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. They last a good few days!