A thick layer of dulce de leche buttercream sandwiched between two golden oatmeal cookies.
These cookies are quick and easy to make and taste melt in the mouth amazing. I love the chew of the cookie combined with the sweet caramel of the dulce de leche buttercream.
I have made a these cookies a couple of times with variations to both the cookies and buttercream, but this dulce de leche combination is by far my favorite. This cookies are just so delicious. It's one of those "don't sit too close to the cookie container" recipes.
Dulce de Leche Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches
Makes about 20
240 g butter, softened
1 Cup brown sugar
1/3 Cup white sugar
1 Tbsp dulce de leche
1 1/2 Cups plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups quick cook oats
Dulce de Leche Buttercream:
100 g butter, softened
2 Cups icing (confectioners) sugar
2 Tbsp cream
4 Tbsp dulce de leche
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (350F) and line a baking tray (or two) with baking paper.
2. Make the cookies by beating the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and dulce de leche and beat to combine.
3. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture and combine. Add oats and mix well.
4. Place small scoops of the mixture onto the baking trays, spaced evenly apart. Bake for 10 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
5. Make the buttercream by beating the butter until pale and creamy, beating in the icing sugar and mixing in the cream and dulce de leche to a thick but spreadable consistency.
6. Match cooled cookies into approximately even sized pairs. Spread the buttercream over the base of one cookie in each pair and top with the other cookie.