Monday 15 June 2015

Chocolate Pudding

Rich, chocolate-filled, and so easy! This Rich Chocolate Pudding is sure to be a hit with your whole family.

This is a really fantastic quick and easy dessert - absolute minimal prep time, chill, then dig in to a deliciously decadent chilled dessert.



Secret Recipe Club has come around very fast again this month! This month, my assigned blog was the lovely Angels Homestead. From recipes, to gardening, to frugal living tips. You may remember my secret recipe club post from only a couple of months ago (Cinnamon Bun Mug Cake) was actually from this site too! April sums up the whole concept of her site very well, stating that her blog showcases "easy, allergy-friendly recipes to tips on how to get back to your roots."

This time, I chose the fantastic Rich Chocolate Pudding recipe!


I had actually never heard of a chocolate pudding being a chilled dessert. If you mentioned chocolate pudding to a New Zealander, we'd tend to imagine a hot, cake-like dessert. This had me really keen to try a US Chocolate Pudding!


I'm a real chocoholic, but even so, I think this dessert would be perfect for those not so chocolate obsessed. The great thing about this dessert is that it's by no means overly sweet. It is balances absolutely perfectly.

Chocolate Pudding


Serves 6

1 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup cocoa
1/2 Cup flour
1/8 tsp salt
4 Cup skim milk
1/2 Cup dark chocolate
1 tsp vanilla extract

1. In a saucepan over a medium heat quickly combine the sugar, cocoa, flour, and salt.

2. Gradually stir in the milk and add the chocolate. Bring to a gentle boil

3. Simmer, stirring, until the mixture begins to thicken, about 2-5 minutes.

4.  Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla, and pour into 6 individual serving dishes (ramekins, or glasses)

5. Chill until set. Serve topped with whipped cream and grated chocolate.



7 comments:

  1. Your puddings look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chocolate pudding but rarely make it! Yours looks delicious. Great choice for the SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like fantastic chocolate pudding cups. Wonderful SRC post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, you did a great job on my recipe Nicole, thank you. :) Store bought chocolate pudding can't even begin to compare to a yummy homemade version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh - I could eat three of these right now. Delish! Great choice for SRC – glad to be part of group C with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pics. I'll need to try this. Great choice. Fellow Group C'er

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cake was soo good! Thank you! Sorry Fred is a pain and doesn't like chocolate, but there is an upside to that being I eat all the chocolate in the house :) I am going to try to replicate the cake soon! Thanks for posting !

    ReplyDelete