Berries, apple, almond, and oats combine beautifully into these moist and delicious sugar-free muffins.
These muffins are a perfect quick breakfast, snack, or lunchbox filler.
The apple helps to keep these muffins lovely and moist - and provide a great hint of sweetness too.
Like I've said above, these muffins are sugar-free - sweetened naturally with Natvia. This is a great stevia product, it's been made especially for baking and has no bitter aftertaste.
These muffins keep very well, stored in an airtight container and in a cool place.
Fruit 'n Nut Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
100 g reduced fat spread (or butter)
1/2 Cup Natvia stevia
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 Cup self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 Cup skim milk
1/2 Cup slivered almonds
2 apples, peeled, sliced, and cooked
1 Cup frozen mixed berries
1/4 Cup rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 180C (350F) and grease or line a 12 whole muffin tin.
2. Beat the spread and natvia until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and mix in the vanilla extract.
3. Sift in the flour and baking powder. Add the milk, almonds, and apple and mix until just combined. Fold through the berries and spoon into the muffin tin. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with rolled oats.
4. Place in the centre of the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until the muffins spring back when pressed gently in the centre.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for approximately 10 minutes in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
This content was made possible by Natvia, however the opinions and experiences are my own as I only work with brands I already like and trust.