This homemade ravioli dish combines few simple ingredients into one meal that's sure to impress.
Making fresh pasta is one of my favorite things to do in the kitchen (aside from baking, of course!). I just love the whole process. Since fresh pasta is so delicious and delicate, I like the keep the sauce simple to make sure the pasta itself is the star of the show.
The filling for this ravioli is a nice, simple creamy white wine sauce. It's such a beautifully simple flavor but makes for a great dish!
We often have Saturday night as an at home date night, we cook a nice dinner and dessert and then settle in to watch movies together, or something similar. I love coming up with great meal ideas for these nights, and this pasta dish is one of those!
If you're short on time, store brought fresh pasta sheets are a good substitute, just soften these first in some warm water.
Creamy Chicken and White Wine Ravioli
1 serve basic egg pasta
500 g ground chicken
2 Tbsp cream
1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped finely
1 Tbsp butter
1 onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup cream
1. Make the pasta following the recipe instructions and roll out into long sheets.
2. Make the ravioli filling by browning the ground chicken in a fry pan, and adding the 2 Tbsp cream and thyme. Allow to thicken slightly before removing from the heat and setting aside to cool slightly.
3. Once cool, assemble the ravioli by cutting circles out of the pasta sheets and filling the centre with about 1 Tbsp of the chicken mixture. Place other pasta cut out on top and seal the edges by pressing down with a fork. Set aside to rest.
4. Make the sauce by heating a fry pan or saucepan, melting the butter and frying the onion and garlic for approximately 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock, bring to a simmer and reduce by about half. Add the white wine and simmer for about 3-4 minutes to reduce and allow the alcohol to evaporate. Add the cream and simmer gently until thick.
5. Cook the ravioli in salted boiling water for about 3-4 minutes, drain carefully.
6. Serve the creamy white wine sauce over the ravioli and enjoy!