These Peanut Butter Cookies with chocolate chunks are my favorite, deliciously soft cookie to whip up in a flash.
These cookies are my favorite gluten free cookie. Being made of mostly peanut butter, they hold their shape so well and have a perfect cookie taste and texture.
These cookies are very quick and easy to make, which is great if you need to get a sweet treat together on short notice.
If you like peanut butter in baking as much as I do, be sure to check out my peanut butter recipes here
These cookies are naturally very soft. However, you can alter the degree of softness based on how you store them. Store in a plastic container for a soft, delicate cookie. Store in a glass container for a slightly firmer, chewy cookie.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Makes about 24
1 Cup peanut butter
70 g butter, room temperature
3/4 Cup brown sugar
1 1/2 Cup ground almonds
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 Cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180C (350F) and line a couple of baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and combine well.
3. Add the ground almonds, baking soda, and chocolate and mix well to combine.
4, Place teaspoon sized balls of mixture on the baking trays, about 5 cm apart. Do not flatten the cookie dough, it will flatten during cooking and if you have nice round balls, you will have perfect, round cookies.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until slightly golden in colour on top. Remove trays from the oven and allow cookies to cool for about 15 minutes on the tray before transferring to a cooling rack.
6. Store in an airtight container.