Panna Cotta is one of my favorite desserts. It's such a pleasure to eat and it's surprisingly easy to make.
This Panna Cotta gets it's chocolate from two ingredients - chocolate milk and melted chocolate. This not only means it's a perfect chocolate lovers dessert, but it has the most wonderful texture.
Since chocolate is the star of this dessert, it's important to use good quality ingredients. I used Whittakers chocolate milk and milk chocolate.
Panna Cotta is a great dessert option for a stay at home date night or any special occasion - like Valentine's Day! They take only a few minutes of hands on time and are sure to please everyone.
If, like us, there are only two in your house there's no need to decrease the recipe. The Panna Cottas keep very well in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days.
Chocolate Panna Cotta
2 tsp gelatine or 2 gelatine leaves
1 Cup cream
1 Cup chocolate milk
30 g caster sugar
100 g milk chocolate
1. Prepare the gelatine according to the package directions,
2. Place cream, chocolate milk, and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a very gentle simmer. Remove from the heat.
3. Stir through the chocolate until melted and add the gelatine. Mix well. Allow to mixture to cool slightly.
4. Divide the mixture evenly between 6 greased dariole molds or ramekins. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours.
5. Remove from the molds prior to serving and top with chocolate syrup and berries if desired.