Cheesecakes are my favorite dessert to bring along to a dinner party with friends. This Strawberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake was demolished before my eyes when I took this to a friends house. It's beyond delicious!
No bake cheesecakes, in my opinion, are the BEST desserts. They are so super quick and easy to prepare, you can create almost any delicious flavor combination you can think of, and they go down an absolute treat with all that get a slice.
I'd been playing around with the idea of a fresh strawberry cheesecake for a while. Strawberries go wonderfully with chocolate, so combine the two and you have perfection on a plate!
This cheesecake has a really gorgeous, smooth texture. It just melts in your mouth. I chose to add roughly chopped strawberries to the cream cheese and beat into the mixture this way rather than blending them up into more of a liquid. This resulted in little chunks of strawberry throughout the cheesecake to give an extra burst of delicious.
If you don't have fresh strawberries, frozen would be a perfect substitute. Or, raspberries would be wonderful too!
350 g chocolate chip biscuits
100 g butter, melted
500 g cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup strawberries
100 g white chocolate
1 cup cream, whipped1 1/2 tsp gelatine powder in 1/4 cup boiling water
1. Process the biscuits to a crumb in a food processor. Add the melted butter and blitz to combine. Press into the base of a lined and greased 23 cm springform cake tin. Place in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the filling.
2. Place the cream cheese, sugar, and strawberries in a large mixing bowl. Beat until the cream cheese is smooth and lump free and the strawberries are well mixed in. Mix in the gelatine.
3. Melt the white chocolate in a clean bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, or in the microwave in 30 second bursts. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.
4. Gently fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream and spread this over the prepared base.
5. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours prior to serving.