Saturday 26 October 2013

Quinoa and Chia Granola (Muesli)

I ran out of my toasted tropical muesli and decided that I wanted to try something a bit more out there so I had the idea of adding uncooked quinoa and chia seeds to the oat mix before toasting. It turned out delicious!

I was going to add almonds as well, but I forgot to pick some up at the store so I just went without but I feel that they would be a tasty addition if you are going to try this recipe for yourself.



Quinoa and Chia Granola

Makes approx 12 half cup servings

3/4 Cup quinoa, rinsed
2 1/2 Cups rolled oats
1/4 Cup chia seeds
1/2 Cup shredded coconut
1/2 Cup sunflower seeds
1/2 Cup pumpkin seeds
3 Tbsp canola oil
1/3 Cup honey
1 tsp vanilla essence
2/3 Cup dried fruit (I used apricot and pineapple)

1. Preheat oven to 200°C. 

2. Combine canola oil, honey, and vanilla essence in a small bowl.

3. Combine quinoa, oats, chia seeds, coconut, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl. Add the honey mixture and combine well, making sure all of the oats are coated. 

4. Spread the mixture onto a baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes, until the oats are golden Stir every 5-10 minutes.

5. Mix in the dried fruit and cool completely before storing in a airtight container.

Serve with milk, yogurt, or both. I had mine with berry yogurt and it was great!

Nutritional Information

Calories 273
Carbs    34 g
Fat        13 g
Protein   8 g
Fibre      6 g
Sodium  17 mg

 


No comments:

Post a Comment