Making your own muesli doesn't take much effort at all. It's quick and easy!
I love this combination of dried tropical fruits (pineapple, a couple of melons, and mango), almonds, coconut, and vanilla.
Tropical Toasted Muesli
Makes 12 half-cup servings
3 Cups rolled oats
1 Cup shredded coconut
70 g sliced almonds
1/4 Cup canola oil
1/3 Cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 Cup chopped dried mixed tropical fruits
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C
2. Combine the oats, coconut, and almonds in a large bowl.
3. Heat the oil, maple syrup, and vanilla over a medium heat in a saucepan, whisking frequently, until just hot (about 3 minutes). Pour over the oat mixture and mix well, make sure all the oats are coated.
4. Spread the mixture evenly over a baking tray with sides or roasting dish and bake for about 25 minutes, stirring ever 5 minutes, until the oats are lightly golden.
5. Stir in the dried fruits and leave to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container. It will keep for a week or two.
Carbs 33.3 g
Fat 13.1 g
Protein 4.9 g
Fibre 3.4 g