Chicken and Mushroom RisottoServes 4
2 Cups sliced mushrooms
300 g Chicken breast, diced
1 Onion, finely diced
4 Cloves garlic, finely diced
1 1/2 Cups Arborio rice
1/2 Cup white wine
5 Cups chicken stock, warm
1/2 Cup finely grated parmesan, plus extra for sprinkling
Salt and pepper
1. Heat a small amount of oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
2. Add the chicken and mushrooms and fry until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Return the pan to the heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add the rice and stir for about 2 minutes, until the rice goes clear.
4. Add the wine, stir often until the wine has been absorbed into the rice.
5. Add half a cup of warm chicken stock, allow the stock to be absorbed, stirring often. Once the stock has been absorbed, add another half cup of stock. Repeat this process until there is only 1/2 cup of stock left (Will take about 25 minutes.)
6. Before adding the final half cup of stock, return the chicken and mushrooms to the pan. Add the final stock and stir until absorbed.
7. Stir through the cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.