Tuesday 28 January 2014

Mushroom Soup

I love all kinds of soup. I love soup so much that I always struggle to decide what kind to make, it's so much easier to just ask my boyfriend what kind he wants! This time he wanted mushroom (if you know him that will be no surprise to you at all!). So here it is! Mushroom soup. 

Apparently this mushroom soup was perfect and I should definitely make it again. I don't think I will ever get used to such lovely compliments about my food. It's so nice to know that what you are making is so enjoyed by those you are making it for.

The nice thing about soups is that they are so easy to prepare. You don't have to spend much time at all preparing anything as nothing needs to be chopped nicely as it's only going to be blended up anyway. It's also very easy to manipulate the servings. If you want to serve more people, just use more stock (and maybe a few more mushrooms so that you don't lose the mushroomy goodness!)


Mushroom Soup

Serves 3-4

600 g Mushrooms, roughly chopped (I used white button and Portabello)
2 Tbsp Oil (I used canola, whatever you prefer would work just fine)
1 Onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
3 Cups Stock (Chicken or vegetable)
Salt and Pepper
1/2 Cup skim milk

To Serve

Cream/milk
Parsley
Chunky/crusty bread


1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Fry onion and garlic for about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for another couple of minutes.

2. Add the stock, salt, and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 25 minutes, until the mushrooms are soft.

3. Stir in the milk. With a stick blender or food processor, blend the mixture to break down the vegetables resulting in a mixture of thick consistency.

4. Return to the heat briefly to ensure a good temperature. Serve with a chunky bread, and topped with a swirl of cream and chopped parsley, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment