I wanted to do something nice and summery, using seasonal ingredients. This is the result. It's such a simple dessert to make and oh so delicious. It's so lovely, light, refreshing, and creamy.
Make it a day ahead so that it will be set by the time you are wanting to serve it.
Strawberry and Raspberry SemifreddoServes 8 - 10
2 Egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 Cup caster sugar (super fine sugar)
3 Cups frozen raspberries (or mixed berries)
2 Cups cream, whipped
Fresh strawberries and raspberries to garnish
1. Line a loaf tin with cling film.
2. Whisk the eggs, egg yolks, vanilla, and sugar over a double boiler for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Beat with an electric beater until thick and pale.
3. Crush 2 cups of the berries and fold through the egg mixture. Spread the remaining frozen berries over the base of the lined tin.
4. Fold the whipped cream into the mixture and pour mixture into the tin. Cover with cling film and place in the freezer overnight.
5. Immediately prior to serving, garnish with fresh berries.