Triple Chocolate and Caramel Cookie Bars - Need I say more?
If you love bars, cookies, and chocolate then this one is for you. Rolling these three favorites into one delightful baked treat was a perfect idea!
This recipe is perfectly suited to adding in your favorite extras like nuts, m&m's... whatever you can think of!
This cookie bars kept really well. We had them in an airtight container on the bench top and they lasted out the whole week... before we ate them all.
Triple Chocolate and Caramel Cookie Bars
2 1/4 Cups plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
140 g (5 oz) butter, softened
1 1/2 Cups brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 Cup milk chocolate chips
1/3 Cup dark chocolate chips
1/3 Cup white chocolate chips
1 x 380 g (13 oz) can caramel
1. Preheat the oven to 160C ( 325F) and grease or line a 9 x 13 inch (or there abouts) pan.
2. Whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
3. Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in the vanilla.
4. Fold the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and stir in the chocolate chips. Press half of this mixture into the base of the prepared baking pan. Spread the caramel evenly over the top and crumble over the other half of the cookie dough.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely in the pan before removing and cutting into squares.
6. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.