Wednesday 21 January 2015

Chocolate Strawberry Bars

These chocolate dipped strawberry bars are quick and easy to make and are perfect as a Valentine's Day treat.



This has to be one of the quickest and easiest recipes around. Altogether, this took about ten minutes, excluding freezing time.


Just before Christmas, I had a little accident with my food processor. It doesn't work quite right anymore. So, if you have a functional food processor, the inside of your bars will look a lot more uniform in consistency than mine. But hey, mine still taste great!


We are lucky enough to have an abundance of fresh strawberries available at the moment, and I've really been making the most of the short season. I made these cute little bars as a nice surprise treat for my sweet fiancé, and they went down great.


Chocolate Strawberry Bars


Makes 6

115 g (1/2 cup) melted butter
180 g sliced strawberries
1/8 tsp salt
1 Tbsp honey

100 g Chocolate + 1 Tbsp butter


1. Blend the strawberries in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add the salt, butter, and honey, and blend again until smooth.  
2. Spread into a container lined with baking paper, and freeze until firm. Using a cookie cutter (I used heart shaped!) cut into bars. Return to the freezer.
3. Melt the chocolate and butter together and mix until smooth. Dip the bars, one at a time, into the melted chocolate, place on baking paper and return to the freezer to allow chocolate to set.
4. Store bars in the freezer. 

11 comments:

  1. Wow, these are amazing and such a great idea. I'm sure your fiancé loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of this recipe...and what a great way to get my chocolate fix! Not to mention I'm a huge fan of combining chocolate and strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fresh strawberry filling! Chocolate and strawberries are a delicious combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely delightful and PERFECT for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to wait till June to get fresh strawberries but I am pinning this for then. They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will definitely make those. It will cost me less than any piece of jewelry she will choose ;-) Just kidding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of cutting them into hearts, well done, and Happy Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chocolate and strawberry match perfectly! They look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun, easy and tasty!! I bet the kids could help out with this one and they would love the treat too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I bet these are melt-in-you-mouth delicious! And so cute. They will be a great Valentine's Day gift. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete