Chocolate, Cranberries, and Pistachios go together beautifully in this simple no bake treat.
This super easy no bake dessert or snack takes only minutes to prepare and is a great addition to the holiday dessert table.
This recipe is so simple that it would be a great one to get the kids involved with.
If you don't like cranberries or pistachios then they can very easily be substituted to anything else. Or, just keep it simple and have a chocolate only log. Just as delicious!
This recipe is based on one I got in Ireland; Chocolate Biscuit Cake! I had heard about this before I left and it was one of the first things I tired when we arrived. So simple, and so delicious!
Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate Log
Makes 1 log
300 g milk chocolate
100 g butter
1 400 g can condensed milk
250 g digestive biscuits (cookies) or any plain type of cookie
100 g cranberries
100 g pistachios
1. Process or smash the biscuits into a crumb,
2. Melt the chocolate together with the butter and condensed milk. Once the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth remove from the heat.
3. Stir in the biscuits, cranberries, and pistachios.
4. Tip into a lined or greased loaf tin and refrigerate until set (about 4 hours).
5. To serve, cut the log into slices. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will least around 3 weeks.