This was the very first cheesecake recipe I ever wrote and posted to my blog. It's an absolutely delicious combination of strawberries and chocolate, using a soft-center strawberry filled milk chocolate. Using soft centered chocolate gives this cheesecake the most decadent creamy texture.
The only problem with the post was the picture. I believe that it was up there with the worst food photography pictures ever taken. I'm SO embarrassed by it that I'm not even going to put it in here as an example. But I'm sure I can be forgiven for my atrocious photography at the stage, I still had no idea what I was doing and I'm still learning!
I got a new camera last weekend (a Canon Digital SLR), this is the first post you are seeing with photos from it! Hopefully you'll be seeing a huge improvement in photo quality from now on.
Milk Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake
350 g (12 oz) chocolate cookies
85 g (3 oz) almost melted butter
500 g (18 oz) cream cheese
1/4 Cup sugar
250 g (9 oz) block Whittakers Milk Raspberry block* (or similar)
1 Cup whipped cream
Fresh strawberries to garnish
1. Grease or line the base of a 23 cm springform cake tin (or as close as you have, doesn't really matter).
2. Blend the cookies in a food processor, add the butter into the food processor with the cookies and process until well combined. Press into the base and up the sides of the prepared cake tin. Put in the fridge to chill.
3. Beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy and until there are no clumps of cream cheese.
4. Break up the chocolate and place in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan with a small amount of simmering water with the 1/3 Cup liquid cream and melt.
5. Add the chocolate mixture to the cream cheese mixture, mix well to combine.
6. Fold in the whipped cream, pour mixture over the chilled base, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, until set.
7. Garnish with the strawberries before serving.
* This is the chocolate I used, anything similar would be fine :)