I had some leftover buttermilk from making bread. Scones made with buttermilk are always so light, fluffy, and delicious, so it was easy enough to decide what to do with the buttermilk!
These sweet scones contain both raspberries and nice big white chocolate chips. Any berry or type of chocolate would work very well.
Sweet scones make a great breakfast or a snack with a nice cup of tea or coffee. They are quick and easy to whip up too!
These scones have become one of the most popular recipes on my blog, so I have come back to it and updated the photos to something I am A LOT more happy with.
Raspberry White Chocolate Buttermilk Scones
3/4 Cup buttermilk
1/4 Cup stevia (or sugar)
2 Cups plain flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp butter
1 Cup frozen raspberries
1/2 Cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (355ºF) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine the buttermilk, stevia, and egg in a bowl. Whisk.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and butter into the bowl of a food processor and process into a course crumb.
3. Tip into a bowl, fold in the chocolate chips, and add the buttermilk mixture. Combine.
4. Knead lightly. Shape into a circle on the baking tray, cut into 12 even size pieces and bake for 20 minutes.