This was my first attempt at a baked cheesecake. The idea came about when I was out for dinner with my boyfriend and he had a baked mint cheesecake for dessert, he really enjoyed it so I thought I would try to make one too!
This is also an exciting blog post as it is my 100th published post! :)
Mint Chocolate New York Style Cheesecake
350 g (12 oz) bag Chocolate cookies
80 g (2.8 oz) Butter, melted
750 g (26 oz) Philadelphia cream cheese
3/4 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup cream
1 Cup sour cream
1/3 Cup Creme de menthe
3 Tbsp plain flour
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 Cup chocolate, melted
Mint cookies, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC (320ºF) and grease a 23 cm springform cake tin. Crumb the chocolate cookies in a food processor, add the melted butter and process until well combined. Press into the base and up the sides of the prepared tin. Chill.
2. Beat the cream cheese and sugar until there are no lumps of cream cheese. Add the cream, mix gently, and add the eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
3. Beat in the sour cream, creme de menthe, and vanilla.
4. Pour this filling over the chilled base. Bake for 1 hour, turn off the oven and leave in the oven to cool for 2 hours.
5. Chill, pipe over the melted chocolate prior to serving.. This recipe is best done a day ahead and chilled overnight.