Thursday 9 April 2015

Beef Stroganoff

Beef Stroganoff is a classic, comforting dish. It's so easy to make this delicious meal at home, too.



This dish tastes great over pasta, mashed potato, or even rice - it's just one of those great versatile meals!


This is such a quick and easy meal, using a simple ingredients list consisting of things that you're likely to have in your cupboard at any given time.


The amount of sour cream called for in this recipe can be adapted to suit your tastes, both more or less is perfectly fine, so be sure to taste before you serve and adjust the flavors to suit your taste.



Beef Stroganoff


Serves 4

500 g rump steak, sliced or diced
1/4 Cup plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Cup button mushrooms, sliced
1 Cup beef stock
1/4 Cup sour cream
1 Tbsp smoked paprika

1. Heat a dash of oil in a fry pan. Fry the onion and garlic for about 3 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. Return the pan to the heat.

2. Toss the steak in flour, salt, and pepper. Brown the steak over a high heat. Return the onion and mushrooms to the pan. Add the stock and paprika. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.

3. Remove from the heat, stir through the sour cream and serve over pasta, potato, or rice.

17 comments:

  1. Dear Nicole, This sounds so good. I would love a plate of this. xo, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stroganoff looks delicious Nicole! I could go for trying this right now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comfort food at its best! Look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always looking for a new quick and easy mid-week meal and I just found one. This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could definitely tuck into a plate of that. Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smoked Paprika is such a flavorful spice. It perks up recipes beautifully. This dish looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never made beef stoganoff but love it. This recipe sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Creamy and delicious - my kind of comfort food! Pinned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stroganoff is the perfect comfort food! Yours looks super yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very classic and one of my favorite central Europe meal! It looks very appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my favorites, classic comfort food!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a good stroganoff. It reminds me of the kind of food I ate growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing like a good, simple beef stroganoff recipes. Your recipe is so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This beef stroganoff looks amazing! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beef Stroganoff is one of my most favorite dishes! YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This dish ranks high on my comfort foods favorite list. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would make this often, especially in the colder months!

    ReplyDelete