This light and fresh loaf brings out the brilliant tropical flavors of coconut and passionfruit.
We make a lot of loaves in our house. They are so easy to make and are a great on the run breakfast or snack. Coming up with new flavor ideas is always fun and this coconut and passionfruit loaf has become a favorite.
I love just making a minimal glaze for my loaves, rather than a thick layer all over the top. I love the way it soaks slightly into the cake, giving a lovely sticky, sweet portion near the top of each slice. If you'd rather have your glaze all over then just double the glaze mixture :)
Even when in season, fresh passionfruit are super expensive here, so I never get the luxury of using them. If you have access to fresh passionfruit this loaf would taste even more wonderful with fresh in place of the pulp.
Coconut Passionfruit Loaf
Makes 1 loaf
125 g butter, softened
3/4 Cup sugar
2 Cups self-raising flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 Cup coconut milk
1/4 Cup passionfruit pulp
2 Tbsp passionfruit pulp
1/3 Cup icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180C (350F) and grease or line a loaf pan.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
3. Sift in the flour and salt. Add the coconut milk and passionfruit pulp. Mix until just combined.
4. Pour into the prepared loaf pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes. Remove from the oven when done and cool in the tin.
4. Once cooled, make the glaze by mixing the passionfruit and icing sugar. Drizzle over the loaf.