Tuesday 7 April 2015

Chocolate Orange Muffins

Chocolate and Orange pair beautifully in these delightful little muffins.

I have made these muffins a few times to put in Emmets work lunch. Chocolate orange is one of his favorites too, and I'll take any excuse to bake, really. 



These muffins make a great lunch box snack as they keep really well. These muffins stay fresh, moist, and delicious for about 4 days when kept in an airtight container in a cool pantry.


I made and wrote up this blog post for the first time over a year ago!! Yes. One year. The reason its taking so long to post is, once again, photos. I originally made these muffins right before I got my current DSLR camera, so anything made with my old point and shoot got sidelined. We're slowing getting around to posting all these older recipes for you :)


Chocolate Orange Muffins


Makes 12

2 Cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 Cup sugar
1 Cup milk
2 eggs
1/3 Cup canola oil
1 Terry's chocolate orange, or 175 g milk chocolate with orange essence; 3/4 melted, 1/4 roughly chopped

1. Preheat oven to 180C (350F) and grease or line a 12 hole muffin pan.

2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Mix in the sugar and roughly chopped chocolate.

3. Place the milk, eggs, oil, and melted chocolate in another bowl and whisk until smooth. Stir into the flour mixture, mixing until just combined.

4. Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes, or until the muffins spring back when gently pressed.

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the recipe.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound delicious and I am sure it's a great snack for kids lunches too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never have though to put Terry's chocolate orange in the batter. Sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orange and chocolate are one of my favorite combinations. I made a cake this past weekend using this combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your real recipes and simple ingredients - choc and orange is alwaysalways a winner in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything you bake and these are no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just the perfect tiny muffin to accompany my tea. I really love these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please ship to Wisconsin! these muffins look just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emmet must enjoy these! They do look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore Terry's Chocolate Orange - or chocolate orange anything - and your muffins look so moist and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE pairing chocolate and orange together so I know these muffins must be heavenly!

    ReplyDelete