Fudge is so quick and easy to make and since it keeps so well is great to take to morning teas, and special occasions.
With a basic fudge recipe you can really do a lot - here I've taken a basic chocolate fudge and made a couple of additions to create a variation of a childhood favorite. Rocky Road.
Both brown or white sugar could be used in this recipe. I brown sugar simply based on the lovely caramel-like texture it leads to.
The great thing about fudge is that it's so quick and easy to make, and there's no baking required!
Rocky Road Fudge
Makes about 30 pieces
1 Can light condensed milk
100 g butter
1 Cup brown sugar
200 g milk chocolate, chopped
100 g marshmallows (either mini or full sized chopped into quarters)
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
1. Line the base and grease the sides of a 20 cm slice pan.
2. Combine the condensed milk, butter and sugar in a saucepan over a low heat. Heat for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until the mixture is thick and glossy.
3. Add the chocolate and stir until it's melted and well combined. Stir in the nuts and allow to cool.
4. Once cool enough to not melt the marshmallows, add the marshmallows, mix well and pour into the pan.
5. Refrigerate until set (a few hours, or overnight).