If you haven't had gnocchi before I would definitely recommended that you try it! It's an Italian dumpling made from potatoes. You can pick it up in the fresh pasta section of the supermarket or if you have more time on your hands you can make your own, quite time consuming but not very difficult.
I didn't take a photo but it looked something like this:
I will remember to take a picture next time I make this and upload it here then.
Chicken and Bacon Gnocchi BakeServes 4
2 Tbsp Canola oil
6 white button mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic
1 onion, finely diced
1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
300 g boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
4 rashers streaky bacon
1 Red capsicum, diced
400 g can chopped tomatoes
handful of fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
400 g potato gnocchi
Handful of grated mozzarella
1. Heat half the oil in a large fry pan over a medium to high heat. Preheat oven to 200ºC
2. Add the mushrooms, garlic, onion, and chilli to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, until the onion appears soft and clear. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Return the pan to the heat, add the other half of the oil and add the chicken and bacon. Cook until the chicken in cooked through.
4. Return the mushrooms etc to the pan and add the capsicum, tomatoes, parsley and mixed herbs. Add a little bit of water into the bottom of the tomato tin, give it a swirl and add this to the pan. Add the gnocchi. You need a bit of excess liquid to allow the gnocchi to cook.
5. Mix everything together and bring to the boil, stirring
6. Transfer to an oven proof casserole dish, spread mozzarella over the top and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until the cheese is golden.
Nutritional Info (1/4 total recipe/1 serve)
Carbs 48 g
Fat 12 g
Protein 42 g
Fibre 2 g