I made them for my boyfriend once and served with penne and arrabiata sauce and he LOVED it. I'm sure he will be pleased when I pack the leftovers in his lunch tomorrow!
Lamb and Feta MeatballsServes 4
400 g lamb mince
100g reduced fat feta
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 Cup wholegrain bread crumbs
1/2 tsp chilli flakes (basically as much or as little as you like!)
1. Put everything in a large bowl and combine.
2. Split the mixture into four even chunks, take each chunk and roll into four meatballs (if you do it this way, one serve is four meatballs).
3. Set the meatballs aside for about 15 minutes. During this time, preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
4. Put the meatballs onto the tray and bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, turning once during cooking. The cooking time will depend on your oven, you will be able to tell when they are cooked and they should be nicely browned on both 'sides'.
5. Serve in wraps, with rice, pasta, quinoa, in a sub... however you like!
I had mine with quinoa and a chilli-balsamic sauce
Carbs 7 g
Fat 12 g
Protein 36 g