As soon as I tasted the new Whittakers Milk Strawberry block last week I just new I had to make something with it. It's absolutely delicious. This recipe is what I came up with. I also reckon it would be pretty good in a cheesecake so I think that will be next weekends project.
If you cannot get hold of the chocolate I used here but still want the strawberry and chocolate combination I would go for a good quality milk or dark chocolate (whichever you prefer) and about a teaspoon of strawberry essence.
Strawberry Chocolate Mousse
1 tsp gelatine
2 Tbsp boiling water
2/3 Cup light and creamy evaporated milk (chilled)
2 Tbsp cocoa
1/4 Cup sugar
80 g Whittakers milk strawberry chocolate
1. In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatine in the boiling water.
2. In a medium (microwave safe) bowl, combine 1/3 cup of the evaporated milk with sifted cocoa and sugar. Stir well to combine and make sure there are no lumps.
3. Break the chocolate into squares, add to the bowl and microwave to melt the chocolate (a minute or two should do it). Stir until smooth.
4. Add the gelatine mix to the chocolate mixture and stir well. Cool to room temperature (about 15 minutes).
5. While the mixture is cooling, take the other 1/3 Cup of chilled evaporated milk and beat until peaks form that can stand up on their own. Fold into cooled chocolate mixture and divide into 6 serving dishes/cups/ramekins.
6. Chill in the fridge until set. Serve with fresh strawberries and chocolate shavings.
To make chocolate shavings, take a block of chocolate, turn upside down (so the flat surface is facing up), take a sharp knife and touch it to the chocolate and pull the knife towards you (carefully!) to scrap up the chocolate.
Carbs 20 g
Protein 3 g
Calcium 90 mg