Wednesday 25 September 2013

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies

Peanut butter is always awesome in baking and I just couldn't resist not baking again until the weekend (to be honest, I already have my recipes planned for the weekend!) ...

So I made cookies, again. Just using stuff I had laying around in the pantry. But they are totally different to the ones I posted last week, promise.



Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies

Makes approx 16 cookies

1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
45 g brown sugar
3 Tbsp plain flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
50 g Chocolate, cut into chunks (I used Cadbury Dairy Milk)
110 g peanut butter (I used no added salt or sugar PB)
2 Tbsp apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla essence

1. Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl and combine.

2. Put the peanut butter, apple sauce, and vanilla in another bowl and mix well. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix to combine into a dough

3. Roll the dough into teaspoon size balls and put into the fridge for about half an hour.

4. While the cookie dough is in the fridge, preheat the oven to 180°C. 

5. Place the cookies onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for about 10 minutes. After you take them out of the oven leave them alone for ten minutes to get as they will be VERY soft and delicate straight from the oven. 

6. Store in an airtight container (glass for crisp cookies, plastic for a softer cookie)

Nutritional Information (based on 16 cookies)

Calories 76
Carbs    7 g
Protein  2 g
Fat        4 g


No comments:

Post a Comment