A nice thick sandwich makes a perfect weeknight dinner as it is quick and easy. I love making lamb meatball subs with a nice, fresh loaf or Turkish bread!
Lamb Meatball Subs
400 g Lamb mince
1 Sprig of Rosemary, finely chopped
1/4 Cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
1/8 tsp chilli flakes
400 g can of diced tomatoes
1 red chilli, sliced or diced (seeds removed to suit your desired spiciness)
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves of garlic
1 sprig rosemary
1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1 Loaf Turkish bread, divided into quarters
Grated Mozzarella (or your favorite cheese)
1. Combine the meatball ingredients in a large bowl and roll into 16 balls. Set aside.
2. Make the sauce by combining all of the sauce ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth.
3. Heat a dash of oil in a large fry pan. Add the meatballs and brown all over. Add the sauce, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce is thick.
4. Turn the oven to grill (broil), line a baking tray with baking paper. To the base of each quarter of Turkish bread, add four meatballs, some of the sauce, and top with cheese, grill until cheese is melted.
5. Top with lettuce and the top part of the Turkish bread. Serve with a garden salad, chunky fries, or both :)