But I'm really not surprised that it tastes so good, it took 7 years to develop, and has won awards at both the national and international level (Bronze - NZ Cheese Awards, Gold - Nantwich International Cheese Show).
I bet you're really wanting the recipe by now?
Mainland Noble Cheese Straws
Makes about 35
2 Cups self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
100 g butter, softened
3 Cups Mainland Noble Cheese, grated
1/3 Cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and paprika together in a large bowl.
2. In another bowl, cream the butter together with the cheese until butter is light and fluffy. Stir the flour mixture into this.
3. Combine the dough well. Roll out on a lightly floured surface until about 5 mm thick. Cut into sticks.
4. Place on a baking paper lined tray and bake for 15 minutes, until the sticks are golden and risen.
5. Cool on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Mainland. However, all views and opinions outlined in this post are my own and are not in any way indicative or on behalf of the company.