Brownies are definitely my favorite chocolate-based sweet food. I love the gooey texture and the rich chocolate taste. When I saw Rolo's at the supermarket I knew that I had to make some brownies.
Brownies are a great treat to whip up. The prep work is easy and takes minimal time. And of course, they are a pleasure to eat!
I always use at least half brown sugar in my brownie recipes. The brown sugar gives the brownies a fantastic fudginess that is difficult to achieve with white sugar alone.
Makes 18 pieces
200 g (7 oz) butter
200 g (7 oz) milk or dark chocolate, broken into squares
1 Cup caster sugar
1 Cup brown sugar
1/2 Cup plain flour
2 Tbsp cocoa
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
200 g (7 oz) Rolos
1. Preheat oven to 180C (355F)
2. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a large bowl. Whisk in the sugars and then the eggs and vanilla.
3. Sift in the flour and cocoa, mix well.
4. Pour half of the mixture into a greased or lined baking dish. Spread the Rolos evenly over the top and pour over the remaining brownie mix.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container.