Wednesday 26 November 2014

Snickers {no bake} Cheesecake

It's been well over two months since my last cheesecake recipe (This makes me sound like Cheesecakes Anonymous!) so it's definitely past time for another! Luckily I just so happen to have this beautiful Snickers Cheesecake sitting here begging to be posted.


 I'm sure you can understand how scrumptious this cheesecake is. There's two main reasons for this. 1. It's cheesecake. 2. It's Snickers bar flavor.



The thing I love most about no bake cheesecakes is the time. They take about 20 minutes hands on time to make from start to finish. They are so simple, they always set, and they taste great - so light and creamy.


Snickers {no bake} Cheesecake


Serves 10

350 g (12 oz) chocolate cookies
100 g (3.5 oz) butter, melted
500 g (18 oz) cream cheese
1/3 Cup caster (super fine) sugar
100 g (3.5 oz) milk chocolate
1 Cup cream, whipped plus 2 Tbsp liquid cream
1/3 Cup chopped peanuts

1/2 Cup caramel sauce
8 mini snickers bars, roughly chopped
Chocolate sauce

1. Process the cookies to a fine crumb in a food processor. Add the melted butter and process until well combined. Grease a (approx) 25 cm springform cake pan. Whatever size you have will do just fine. Press the cookie mix into the base and up the sides. Place in the refrigerator to chill while you make the filling.

2. Combine the cream cheese and sugar. Mix until there are no lumps of cream cheese.


3. Place a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water.

4. Break the chocolate into chunks and place in the bowl along with the liquid cream. Melt the chocolate while stirring so that it doesn't burn. Pour into the bowl of cream cheese and mix well to combine. Add the chopped nuts and caramel sauce. Mix well.

5. Fold in the whipped cream. Pour over the chilled base and return to the refrigerator. Allow the cheesecake about 4 hours (or overnight) to chill properly.

6. Spread the chopped snickers bars over the top and drizzle with chocolate sauce prior to serving.

16 comments:

  1. I'm sure you know I could really dive into your amazing cheesecake right about now! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! So glad you like the recipe :)

      Delete
  2. That looks so plush and irresistible! I love no bake cheesecake recipes and this is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Abigail. I really appreciate you stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Love the "no bake" part in this luscious cheesecake. Amazing! Pinned, YUM'd and SU'd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day Love no bake recipe Nic! This looks yum indeed!
    Cheers! Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you chose to post this one -- yum!!!! Love the sound of it and sounds very stress free :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only it takes a short time to be made but it doesn't need baking! It looks rich in texture and totally delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good! Can you please tell me what brand of biscuits and caramel sauce you use? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Soph, thanks for stopping by :) I use Farmbake chocolate cookies (http://www.arnotts.co.nz/our-products/products/farmbake.aspx) and Delmaine caramel sauce (http://www.delmaine.co.nz/p353_DelmaineCaramelTopping.aspx). These are both New Zealand brands. If you can't get these anything similar is fine. Even oreos for the base.

      Delete
  8. This Snickers no bake cheesecake looks SO good, Nicole! I wish I could have it in front of me right now. Well, at least I have the recipe and all I need to do is to put the ingredients together to hopefully whip up a beautiful cheesecake like yours. Thank you very much for this lovely recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy! Looking forward to trying this. What type of caramel sauce do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so good!! I love cheesecake and snickers is one of my favorite candy bars! I saw this yesterday on Facebook and it looked so good! I pinned it already but going to stumble it now and spread the yumminess around!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is an amazing cheesecake, Nicole! Your Snickers Cheesecake looks so delicious and I love that it is no bake!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this looks so delicious, I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for joining in the celebration tonight on #PureBlogLove , we enjoy having you each week. I hope to see you next week on Thursday 8 pm est - through Sunday night.
    Besos
    Heidy

    ReplyDelete