I used baked wholemeal wraps instead of corn chips; increasing fibre, and decreasing calories and fat content and it tastes just as good! After they are baked, the wraps are very "chip" like. Nice and crisp with a good crunch.
Chicken and Chorizo Nachos
400 g (14 oz) chicken mince
100 g (3.5 oz) Chorizo sausage, sliced
400 g (14 oz) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 Onion, diced
2 Cloves of garlic, crushed or finely diced
1 red chili, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
400 g (14 oz) can chopped tomatoes
2 Tbsp sriracha
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 Cup chicken stock
8 wholemeal wraps (or a bag of corn chips if you prefer), cut into wedges.
Light sour cream to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Make the sauce by placing the onion, garlic, chili, pepper, sriracha, and tomatoes in a blender and blending until smooth.
3. Heat a little bit of oil in a fry pan over a medium heat. Fry the chicken until browned. Add the Chorizo and kidney beans and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the sauce, spices, and chicken stock.
4. Simmer the mixture for about 20 minutes, until the sauce is thick
5. Place wholemeal wraps on baking trays and brush with a bit of oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Bake for about 10-15 minutes (until the wraps are nice and crispy), tuning once.
6. To serve, spread the "chips" on a plate and put some of the chicken mixture on top, followed by a spoonful of sour cream.