Peanut butter, chocolate, cheesecake. What more is there to say? I've already made this twice.
No-bake cheesecakes are so simple and quick to prepare, making a perfect dessert to take to those Summer BBQs. The combination of cream cheese and peanut butter gives this no-bake cheesecake a wonderful texture and the chocolate cookies provide the perfect amount of chocolate to compliment the peanut butter.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cheesecake
350 g (12 oz) Chocolate Cookies
90 g butter, melted
500 g (18 oz) cream cheese
1/3 Cup sugar
1 Cup peanut butter
1 Cup cream, whipped
Recee's Peanut Butter Cups to decorate (Or Whittaker's Peanut Butter Chocolate in New Zealand)
1. Process the cookies to a fine crumb in a food processor, add the butter and process to combine. Press into the base and up the sides of a greased 23 cm springform cake tin. Refrigerate to set.
2. Mix the cream cheese, sugar, and peanut butter until smooth and no lumps of cream cheese remain.
3. Fold in the whipped cream.
4. Spread the peanut butter mixture over the chilled base, cover, and refrigerate until set (a couple of hours).
5. Garnish with chopped peanut butter cups prior to serving.