As soon as I saw this on the menu I was sold. Pancakes with caramel, peanuts, chocolate, and whipped cream. What could be more perfect?
Unfortunately the month had to end and we had to wave goodbye to the most delicious pancake flavor ever invented. So what did I do? Made my own version right away of course!
Snickers Buttermilk Pancakes
2 Cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 Cup buttermilk
2 Tbsp butter, melted
Whipped cream (sweetened with vanilla extract and icing sugar)
chocolate sauce (recipe below, store brought is absolutely fine too!)
1 Cup Sugar
90 g butter, chopped
1/2 Cup cream
1 tsp salt
1. Heat the sugar in a medium saucepan over a medium-low heat, stirring constantly until the sugar is melted. Add the butter and stir for a couple of minutes. Remove from the heat, and allow to sit for a minute or two.
2. VERY slowly drizzle in the cream, stirring as you do so. Return to a very gentle heat and boil for about 1 minute.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the salt. Cool, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Microwave before use to allow a pouring consistency.
2. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until everything is combined.
3. Heat some butter in a large fry pan and cook pancakes using 1/3 of a cup of mixture for each one. Cook on one side until bubbles start to appear around the edges, then flip and cook on the other side.
4. Once each pancake is cooked, place it in the oven on a low heat to keep warm while you make the others.
5. Top the pancakes with chocolate and caramel sauces, peanuts, and whipped cream.