I needed to make something to pop into my honeys lunch for the week, but I was just having one of those days when I really just wanted to snuggle up on the couch. I had a quick scan of my cupboards and found a few ingredients that I thought would work nicely. The result: This delightful NO-BAKE chocolate and peanut slice with peanut butter icing that took 15 minutes hands-on time.
This turned out to be one of those "keep the container away from me before I eat the whole batch!!!" recipes.
Chocolate and Peanut No-Bake Slice
Makes about 20 pieces
1/2 a tin (200 g, 7 oz) light sweetened condensed milk
130 g (4.5 oz) butter
1/2 Cup brown sugar
250 g (9 oz) vanilla (or plain) cookies
3/4 Cup chopped peanuts
3/4 Cup milk or dark chocolate chips
70 g (2.5 oz) butter
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1 Cup icing/confectioners sugar
1. Heat the condensed milk, butter, and brown sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat until the butter is melted and all the ingredients are well combined. Remove from heat.
2. Process the cookies to a crumb in a food processor. Add to the butter mixture along with the chopped peanuts and chocolate chips. Mix well to combine.
3. Spread over the base of a slice pan lined with baking paper. Refrigerate until set (this won't take much time at all!).
4. Prepare the icing by melting the butter and peanut butter together. Sift in the icing sugar. Mix well and spread over the slice. Return to the refrigerator briefly to set before cutting into squares or slices.
5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it will keep for about a week, if it lasts that long!