We were watching a Jamie Oliver show on TV and saw him make a similar dish, I thought it sounded great so made up my own version when I was looking to make a quick weeknight meal.
Chinese Beef Noodles
3 Cakes of dried egg noodles
400 g (14 oz) Rump steak
1 Tbsp ground Szechaun pepper
1 Tbsp five spice
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 red chili, diced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp sriracha
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 spring onions/scallions, sliced
1. Cook the noodles following the package directions. Heat a cast iron skillet over a high heat.
2. Rub the pepper, spice, and olive oil into the steaks (both sides). Fry the steak in the hot skillet to your liking, set aside to rest for about 10 minutes.
3. Mix up the sauce by combining the chili, garlic, sriracha, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Toss through the cooked and drained noodles.
4. Cut the steak into slices, poor the resting juices into the noodles and toss through.
5. Serve noodles topped with sliced steak and spring onions.