Tuesday 18 February 2014

Apricot Slice

All I can say is simple and delicious. It was so easy to make that I didn't know it could ever be this delicious. I used a lemon icing which worked with the apricot wonderfully, but you could absolutely substitute lemon for whatever you fancy.



Apricot Slice


Makes about 18 pieces

125 g Butter
1/2 Tin light condensed milk (200 g)
1/2 Brown Sugar
250 g plain biscuits (I used vanilla superwine biscuits), processed to a crumb.
1 Cup dried apricots, chopped
1/4 Cup shredded Coconut

Icing:

70 g Butter, melted
1 Cup icing sugar
1 Tbsp hot water
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
Freshly grated zest of half a lemon

1. Heat the butter, condensed milk, and sugar in a large saucepan over a medium heat until the butter is melted and everything is well combined. 

2. Add the biscuits, apricots, and coconut. Stir well to combine. Pour into a lined splice pan and refrigerate until set (I left it about an hour).

3. Make the icing by combining all of the icing ingredients. Spread evenly over the top of the slice and return to the refrigerator until set.

4. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for a while (we just finished it off after a week, those last few pieces were still perfect).

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely way to use apricots and I love the 'no bake' here. A perfect after school treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what I'm doing with the bag of dried apricots that has been sitting in my cupboard... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete